Thursday, March 22, 2007

Stand Up Comic



The above (and below) is from "Life Lessons #24," my upcoming contribution to queer comics anthology JUICY MOTHER 2. It represents my first published comics work, and a collaboration with illustrator Robert Kirby. I had read Kirby's "Curbside" relgiously in New York Press some years back and had the fortune to interview him for The Advocate as well. It was quite a treat writing this two-pager strip, and Robert did an awesome job bringing to life one of a million anecdotes from my quite colorful year coming out in West Hollywood, California.

Edited by Jennifer Camper, JUICY MOTHER 2 will be released this Fall. I'll post the details and links when available.

And yes - I used to have hair on my head and wore glasses with a slight prescription.

No comments: