Friday, May 25, 2007

West End Girls


The West End Girls are a pair of Swedish teenage girls who cover the Pet Shop Boys' catalog. And I have to say - they are AWESOME. I may be going to Pet Shop Hell for this, but I dare say some of their versions best the originals. I have always hated "Domino Dancing," until I heard this cover. I think someone has beaten me to this analogy, but it really is like t.a.t.u. meets the PSBs.

I'm hoping to write about them for at least one of my outlets, since their CD is available overseas and via their website. Meanwhile, take a look at their "Domino Dancing" video amongst others here.

So do you love 'em, too?

L

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are absolutely correct sir! These girls do it and do it right. The domino dancing vid is Grade A. See freeamerica-profnasty.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

You are absolutely correct sir! These girls do it and do it right. The domino dancing vid is Grade A. See freeamerica-profnasty.blogspot.com