Got this press release today. There was/is a bit of a kerfuffle about Marriott and the funding/support of Prop 8. Seems like an olive branch is being extended...
Marriott and Renaissance Hotels of New York Offer “Out In New York” Package
NEW YORK – (April 3, 2009) – Marriott and Renaissance Hotels of New York invite guests to come out to New York, hang out in luxurious rooms, stay out to enjoy the city…and help out, too. When guests book a reservation at a participating hotel in New York City, as part of a new “Out In NY” package, the hotel will donate 5% of the room rate to GLAAD (Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation).*
The Out In NY Package includes guest room accommodations, breakfast for two (plus up to two children under 12 eat free) and a personal copy of The Out Traveler, an over 200-page gay & lesbian travel guidebook to New York City, published by the same publishers as The Out Traveler magazine.
Guests may choose from amongst five Marriott and Renaissance hotels in New York City, including:
• New York Marriott Marquis, Broadway at West 46th Street
• Renaissance New York Hotel Times Square, Seventh Avenue at West 47th Street
• New York Marriott East Side, Lexington Avenue at East 49th Street
• New York Marriott Downtown, 85 West Street between Albany & Carlisle Streets
• New York Marriott at the Brooklyn Bridge, 333 Adams Street, Downtown Brooklyn
The Out In NY Package may be booked now, for stays that begin from April 1 through December 31, 2009. Package rates now start at $229 per room, per night, plus tax, based upon availability and room rates do vary by hotel and dates requested.
For reservations go to www.marriott.com/OutInNY (not case-sensitive) or call
1-800-228-9290 and mention code VIQ.